From: Mike Lowe <jmlowe@××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] MPICH depends on X11?
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 20:46:33
1 from usr/portage/sys-cluster/mpich/ChangeLog
4 07 Nov 2005; Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>;
5 +mpich-1.2.6-r4.ebuild:
6 (#103218) Overrule mpich's broken build system to get datadir set to
7 /usr/share/mpich. Also, add dependency on libX11 or virtual/x11 for
8 cxgraphics and cpi_anim. I'm open to patches to stop building them and
9 prevent the X dependency. In addition, change 'make' to 'emake' to allow
10 parallel builds.
15 Glenn Johnson wrote:
16
17 >Is there a way to use lam-mpi for a program (closed source) compiled
18 >against mpich? If that is possible then that would be an option. I
19 >have never had to have X installed for mpich before. It looks like
20 >something that went into the most recent two e-builds.
21 >