From: Carmelo Piccione <carmelo.piccione@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] [sci-mathemetics/freemat] fixed freemat-3.0 ebuild
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 04:55:53
Hello,

I couldn't get freemat 3.0 to build on my amd64 laptop for a variety
of reasonings using your latest svn overlay. First of all, the keyword
"~amd64" wasn't listed in the ebuild. I added it just to see how
things would break.

It did break. And the same way as this user reported:
http://www.mail-archive.com/gentoo-science%40lists.gentoo.org/msg00466.html

I looked into it and the patch was simple. In essence some templates
were in a cpp file rather than an hpp file. Attached are the two
patches that are assumed to exist in "sci-mathematics/freemat/files",
and also a patch to the ebuild itself. It builds (and runs) perfectly
fine on my system.

Thanks,
Carmelo

PS: Another issue with default freemat install is that the main tool
files are contained subdirectories of /usr/share/FreeMat-3.0/toolbox/.
A user has to manually add this via the "pathtool" of an open freemat
session (where it is subsequently saved for that user somewhere). To
me this stinks and should be fixed before this build goes mainstream.
In other words, should be done by the ebuild. I am looking into it.

System info:
Linux version 2.6.20-gentoo-r5 (root@localhost) (gcc version 4.1.1
(Gentoo 4.1.1-r3)) #1 PREEMPT Mon Apr 9 00:16:37 MDT 2007

Math.cpp.patch text/x-diff
Math.hpp.patch text/x-diff
freemat-3.0.ebuild.patch text/x-diff