From: Guilherme Amadio <amadio@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] Formal request to join the team
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 00:00:16
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 I think my announcement is still a bit fresh, so you probably know that
4 I recently became a Gentoo dev.
5
6 One of the areas of interest for me is gentoo-science, more
7 specifically, sci-physics packages, as I actually work on development of
8 a geant sucessor, called geantv. So I would like to formally request to
9 join the science team and possibly I would like to maintain geant and
10 related packages on Gentoo if there isn't already someone maintaining
11 these packages. Here are some packages I am interested in maintaining:
12
13 sci-phyiscs/geant and related geant-docs, geant-data, etc.
14 sci-physics/root and related packages
15 dev-libs/vc (currently maintained by kde herd for some reason, used in geantv)
16 sci-physics/clhep, dependency of geant
17
18 If there is any of you around, I'm currently working at Fermilab (as a
19 visitor, as I'm a postdoc at a Brazilian university).
20
21 Well, nice to "meet" you all!
22
23 Best regards,