From: David Radice <david.e.pi.3.14@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Re: Gentoo Science project status: headcount thread
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 14:18:47
1 Hi George,
2
3 On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 11:14 AM, George Shapovalov <george@g.o> wrote:
4 > Please answer here if you are not listed on the project page or if you want to
5 > change your details there:
6 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/science/index.xml
7 >
8 > Please state if you are involved (or want to be) in a particular subproject.
9 >
10 > George
11
12 my name is David Radice (AKA david_e the couple of times I have been
13 on IRC), I am a diploma student. I mainly work on numerical methods
14 for PDEs.
15
16 I wrote, with the support of bicatali, the ebuild for the FreeFem++
17 (and the related vim-syntax) package which I am maintaining in the
18 overlay.
19
20 I don't intend to be involved in any particular subproject or becoming
21 a real dev: I don't really have time for that, even my FreeFem++
22 ebuild is outdated because I had not the possibility to update my
23 system and so I can't test the new version with the now stable Gentoo
24 branch (also new releases of FreeFem++ tends to be really buggy) (I
25 will do it probably in the next week)...
26
27 I would just like to continue being an external contributor
28 maintaining only a small enough set of ebuild to be able to keep them
29 in a good shape.
30
31 Cheers,
32 David