From: Auke Booij <auke@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-soc@l.g.o, gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] G-CRAN weekly report #8
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 12:22:37
1 Okay, I haven't sent a weekly report in a while now, because of some absence.
2
3 Last report, I promised I'd work on external dependencies and g-common
4 (remember, g-common is the tool that will handle non-ebuild
5 repositories in a transparent way). Well, what can I say, I did.
6 External dependencies were implemented using a big list of
7 hand-written regexes (ah yes, it's a bit of a hack, but it'll work for
8 most CRAN packages. bioconductor doesn't give us external dependency
9 data at all, unfortunately), and g-common is in a usable state. As far
10 as I'm concerned, what's left is:
11 -enabling g-common to output real ebuilds with proper formatting
12 instead of writing symlinks. this seems to be a feature that may be
13 used later by some overlay teams. this has no priority, but I think
14 it'd make g-common a very useful tool
15 -proper metadata output for g-common, where possible with help from
16 the repo drivers
17 -move common.ebuild code around a bit (nothing substantial)
18 -writing a layman driver for g-common (this is necessary for )
19 -documentation (!)
20 This basically means that the true g-cran driver is basically done
21 now, and the rest is just making it usable.
22
23 To make up for last report's size, I'll hereby end this report. Should
24 you have any questions or concerns, I'll be in #gentoo-soc as always
25 (nick: tulcod), or you can email me.