From: fbissey@××××××××××××.nz
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] new blas infrastructure and prefix
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 02:28:28
1 Quoting fbissey@××××××××××××.nz:
2
3 > Hi all,
4 >
5 > So I was looking at the science overlay from my prefix on OS X.
6 > And portage wanted me to upgrade my blas/cblas/lapack stack to the
7 > new structure. I know they are marked ~x86 and ~amd64 but it doesn't
8 > look good considering that I had a working stack in my prefix before.
9 >
10 > So I may make things a little more prefix friendly (OS X in particular)
11 > in the coming days. I am also thinking of adding an ebuild to use the
12 > native vectorize framework on OS X, unless someone strongly objects to it.
13
14 Odd stuff, in the latest gsl from the science overlay someone decided not to
15 support linking with an external cblas anymore. For some reasons it breaks gsl
16 on OS X. I have no idea if it is also broken in the main tree if you use
17 internal gslcblas but I suspect it is. Using an external cblas however worked
18 fine as far as I can tell.
19
20 Francois