From: "François Bissey" <f.r.bissey@×××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Sage build failure (off-topic?)
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 09:43:15
1 > > you could try to compile Sage with portage's original python:
2 > >
3 > > emerge -1 =dev-lang/python-2.6.4-r1
4 > > emerge sage
5 >
6 > Ah, the simple solution worked! Python from portage did the trick.
7 >
8 > I don't know why I never tried that, I guess because I thought if
9 > there's a version in the overlay it will have some stuff patched in
10 > which is required by sage.
11
12 Yes it does have stuff required by sage. However the current
13 python-2.6.4-r99 is based on python-2.6.4 not 2.6.4-r1.
14 When I tried to bump to r1 it caused problems for a number of
15 people. If it is now working I will bump it.
16
17 Thanks for trying that.
18
19 Francois