From: fbissey@××××××××××××.nz
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] new blas infrastructure and prefix
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 21:52:08
Quoting Johan Hattne <jhattne@×××.gov>:

> On 30 Aug 2011, at 12:49, fbissey@××××××××××××.nz wrote: > >> Hi all, >> >> So I was looking at the science overlay from my prefix on OS X. >> And portage wanted me to upgrade my blas/cblas/lapack stack to the >> new structure. I know they are marked ~x86 and ~amd64 but it doesn't >> look good considering that I had a working stack in my prefix before. >> >> So I may make things a little more prefix friendly (OS X in particular) >> in the coming days. I am also thinking of adding an ebuild to use the >> native vectorize framework on OS X, unless someone strongly objects to it. > > Hi Francois; > > With the CBLAS reference implementations, you may run into a problem > with the test suite on Darwin. I tried to sort this out earlier this > year (see >, > but I'm not even sure upstream recognises the problem. Please let me > know if at least you can reproduce the issue, and then maybe we can > try again to get it fixed. > > // Best wishes; Johan
Thanks for the pointer. Right now that particular ebuild won't even install because it assumes .so and linux. First I want to solve the problem of eselect not listing stuff that is properly installed. In particular gsl and blas-reference are installed properly, so are their particular alternatives. Yet "eselect cblas list" and "eselect blas list" return nothing. I think I have an idea of where the problem is. I just need a bit of time to investigate. Francois

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-science] new blas infrastructure and prefix fbissey@××××××××××××.nz