From: fbissey@××××××××××××.nz
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] new blas infrastructure and prefix
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 21:52:08
1 Quoting Johan Hattne <jhattne@×××.gov>:
2
3 > On 30 Aug 2011, at 12:49, fbissey@××××××××××××.nz wrote:
4 >
5 >> Hi all,
6 >>
7 >> So I was looking at the science overlay from my prefix on OS X.
8 >> And portage wanted me to upgrade my blas/cblas/lapack stack to the
9 >> new structure. I know they are marked ~x86 and ~amd64 but it doesn't
10 >> look good considering that I had a working stack in my prefix before.
11 >>
12 >> So I may make things a little more prefix friendly (OS X in particular)
13 >> in the coming days. I am also thinking of adding an ebuild to use the
14 >> native vectorize framework on OS X, unless someone strongly objects to it.
15 >
16 > Hi Francois;
17 >
18 > With the CBLAS reference implementations, you may run into a problem
19 > with the test suite on Darwin. I tried to sort this out earlier this
20 > year (see
21 > http://icl.cs.utk.edu/lapack-forum/archives/lapack/msg00997.html),
22 > but I'm not even sure upstream recognises the problem. Please let me
23 > know if at least you can reproduce the issue, and then maybe we can
24 > try again to get it fixed.
25 >
26 > // Best wishes; Johan
27 Thanks for the pointer. Right now that particular ebuild won't even install
28 because it assumes .so and linux.
29
30 First I want to solve the problem of eselect not listing stuff that is
31 properly
32 installed. In particular gsl and blas-reference are installed properly, so are
33 their particular alternatives. Yet "eselect cblas list" and "eselect
34 blas list"
35 return nothing. I think I have an idea of where the problem is. I just need a
36 bit of time to investigate.
37
38 Francois