From: Thomas Kahle <tomka@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] science overlay vs. main tree
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 19:25:56
1 Hi,
2
3 what are our current heuristics to decide if a package goes into main
4 tree or stays in the science overlay? Two years ago I spent a lot of
5 time to get my beloved Macaulay2 tree ready and we even had a stable
6 version (getting old now). Stabilising a new version is blocked among
7 other things because the build system does not respect a custom AR (bug
8 474784) and RANLIB (bug 474788). Even if its not too hard, I'm not
9 going to fix those. This would be just ridiculous. I probably know all
10 the users of Macaulay2 on Gentoo personally. None of them want to use a
11 different ar. So, should I treeclean M2 and move it back to overlay
12 only?
13
14 Cheers,
15 Thomas