From: Alexey Shvetsov <alexxy@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Re: Gentoo Science next meeting agenda - 4) science profiles
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 17:34:09
1 On 5 декабря 2010 12:25:44 Justin Bronder wrote:
2 > On 05/12/10 13:49 +0100, Kacper Kowalik wrote:
3 > > I would like to involve cluster team here. We could *really* use
4 > > seperate profiles for HPC at least, like hpc/server , hpc/node.
5 > > Also, since it was already mentioned on #gentoo-dev, we could have
6 > > "sci" profile with USE="fortran" and remove it from base.
7 > > To my great amazement it seems that not everybody use Fortran on a
8 > > daily basis :P
9 > > Cheers,
10 > > Kacper
11 >
12 > I'm not sure why hpc would need specific profiles. Personally I just use
13 > default/linux/${ARCH}/${VERSION} and build from there. The only additions
14 > for a node that might be profile worthy are virtual/mpi and maybe
15 > sys-cluster/torque. The same goes for hpc/server although some extra USE
16 > flags could be enabled.
17
18 How about adding cluster profile? actualy seems we need two of them for head
19 node and for compute node
20
21 I'm runing gentoo on few clusters so it will be at least usefull here
22 --
23 Best Regards,
24 Alexey 'Alexxy' Shvetsov
25 Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institute, Russia
26 Department of Molecular and Radiation Biophysics
27 Gentoo Team Ru
28 Gentoo Linux Dev
29 mailto:alexxyum@×××××.com
30 mailto:alexxy@g.o