From: Alexey Shvetsov <alexxy@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Re: Gentoo Science next meeting agenda - 4) science profiles
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 17:34:09
On 5 декабря 2010 12:25:44 Justin Bronder wrote:
> On 05/12/10 13:49 +0100, Kacper Kowalik wrote: > > I would like to involve cluster team here. We could *really* use > > seperate profiles for HPC at least, like hpc/server , hpc/node. > > Also, since it was already mentioned on #gentoo-dev, we could have > > "sci" profile with USE="fortran" and remove it from base. > > To my great amazement it seems that not everybody use Fortran on a > > daily basis :P > > Cheers, > > Kacper > > I'm not sure why hpc would need specific profiles. Personally I just use > default/linux/${ARCH}/${VERSION} and build from there. The only additions > for a node that might be profile worthy are virtual/mpi and maybe > sys-cluster/torque. The same goes for hpc/server although some extra USE > flags could be enabled.
How about adding cluster profile? actualy seems we need two of them for head node and for compute node I'm runing gentoo on few clusters so it will be at least usefull here -- Best Regards, Alexey 'Alexxy' Shvetsov Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institute, Russia Department of Molecular and Radiation Biophysics Gentoo Team Ru Gentoo Linux Dev mailto:alexxyum@×××××.com mailto:alexxy@g.o mailto:alexxy@×××××××××××××.ru