From: Justin <justin@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Re: overlay move to git
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 22:16:50
1 Benjamin Bannier wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 22:02:06 +0100
5 > Justin <justin@×××××××××.net> wrote:
6 >
7 >>> 150mb adn it shrinked with git gc --agressive down to 120mb.
8 >>>
9 >>> What I did was pulling other overlays as branch, doing an
10 >>> filterbranch and only merging certain thing. perhaps this is
11 >>> something different than branching the repo itself.
12 >>>
13 >> and of course deleted the branches afterwards
14 >
15 > This can be a bit confusing, but even though these branches are deleted
16 > they are still saved as refs in your repository. Only after a certain
17 > time they get cleaned up by git gc.
18 >
19 > Have a look at the configuration section of
20 > # git help gc
21 >
22 > In particular, look at the value of gc.reflogExpire you are currently
23 > using.
26 > Cheers,
27 >
28 > Benjamin
29
30 Hey thanks,
31
32 that will be the solution. I will take a closer look on this.
33
34 thnaks justin