From: Francois Bissey <fbissey@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] [patch] system-wide install of debug_gap.vim can not be overridden
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 19:21:22
> Hi, > > I installed sage and also gap via the sage-for-gentoo overlay on a > Gentoo linux system (64 bit installation). It turned out that gap > installed a plugin /usr/share/vim/vimfiles/plugin/gap_debug.vim where > some keybindings are defined to help debug gap programs. > > First, I think this file should go under > /usr/share/vim/vimfiles/ftplugin directory since it applies only to gap > files. Secondly, the files define some keybindings without allowing for > the user to override those keybindings in ~/.vimrc. > > I am attaching a patch which defines a global vim variable. If the user > sets that variable in ~/.vimrc, then this gap plugin will not be read. > This is one way I think the plugin can be made to not supersede user > settings. > > If there is some other way of overriding that plugin file, please let me > know. >
Hi, thanks for the info. It looks like you have found something that is installed by "automagic". Not being a fan of vi I don't have it installed and that vim file is not installed here. We may need to put it under useflag control. I think we may adopt your patch until someone more knowledgeable in vim tell us that's the wrong way of doing things. Francois