From: Francois Bissey <fbissey@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] [patch] system-wide install of debug_gap.vim can not be overridden
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 19:21:22
1 > Hi,
2 >
3 > I installed sage and also gap via the sage-for-gentoo overlay on a
4 > Gentoo linux system (64 bit installation). It turned out that gap
5 > installed a plugin /usr/share/vim/vimfiles/plugin/gap_debug.vim where
6 > some keybindings are defined to help debug gap programs.
7 >
8 > First, I think this file should go under
9 > /usr/share/vim/vimfiles/ftplugin directory since it applies only to gap
10 > files. Secondly, the files define some keybindings without allowing for
11 > the user to override those keybindings in ~/.vimrc.
12 >
13 > I am attaching a patch which defines a global vim variable. If the user
14 > sets that variable in ~/.vimrc, then this gap plugin will not be read.
15 > This is one way I think the plugin can be made to not supersede user
16 > settings.
17 >
18 > If there is some other way of overriding that plugin file, please let me
19 > know.
20 >
21 Hi,
22
23 thanks for the info. It looks like you have found something that is installed
24 by "automagic". Not being a fan of vi I don't have it installed and that vim
25 file is not installed here. We may need to put it under useflag control.
26 I think we may adopt your patch until someone more knowledgeable in vim
27 tell us that's the wrong way of doing things.
28
29 Francois