From: Thomas Kahle <tomka@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] sci-libs/mpir for the main tree
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 13:57:37
1 On 14:22 Fri 17 Dec , Christopher Schwan wrote:
2 > Mpir's configure scripts looks like its adding "-Wl,-z,noexecstack" if it
3 > detects a gcc+x86/amd64 configuration - so I guess noexecstack should work out
4 > of the box. If it does not I would consider this as broken.
5
6 Yes, I saw that. The configure method fails directly, it just does *not*
7 add the ldflag (at least when configure is run by portage).
8
9 I also tried to add "-Wl,-z,noexecstack" via append-ldflags, and it is
10 indeed appended as visible in the compile output, but the exec stacks
11 are still there and the QA warning comes up, so I guess we can consider
12 this broken and stick with your solution of patching the asm (which sill
13 works fine)
14
15 Cheers,
16 Thomas