From: Francois Bissey <fbissey@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] BLAS and LAPACK dependecy resolution
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 09:39:48
1 On 12/09/13 21:19, Markus Oehme wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I did the following, which seems to have done the trick:
5 > 1. add the package.mask entries
6 > 2. merge eselect::science
7 > 3. remerge all libraries that come from the science overlay (everything from
8 > 'eix -I --in-overlay science')
9 > 4. remove /usr/lib/libblas.so (which was kept by preserve-libs)
10 > that is actually do 'rm /usr/lib/libblas.so'
11 > 5. remerge lapack-reference (which provided /usr/lib/libblas.so)
12 > 6. remerge umfpack (which depended on /usr/lib/libblas.so)
13 >
14 > In between 3. and 4. I tried 'emerge @preserved-rebuild' which did not
15 > improve the situation (i.e. the preserved /usr/lib/libblas.so was still used
16 > by the newly built packages).
17 >
18 > Step 6 is probably collateral damage which is hard to formalize.
19 >
20 >> [2 blas.mask <text/plain (base64)>]
21 >
22 > The entry >=app-shells/bash-completion-2.1 should probably be added, since
23 > the newer versions require >=eselect-1.3.8 which is only available in the
24 > main tree.
27 That is incorrect. You should sync the science overlay again as there is
28 a eselect-1.3.8-r100 in overlay.
31 > Once the mask file is available via overlay it would probably be nice to
32 > have the above steps documented. I would volunteer to write a short piece
33 > for the wiki (but afaik I'm not allowed to edit
34 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Science/Overlay so somebody else would
35 > have to add it).
39 Yes that would be nice. We know about cleaning up the links but it is
40 not documented anywhere and yes it leads to interesting problems.
41 A clean up script automating the process would be useful.
42
43 Francois