From: Thomas Kahle <tomka@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] moving the science overlay to github?
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 10:02:52
On 23:35 Tue 07 Feb 2012, My Th wrote:
> O , 2012-02-07 13:13 -0800, Sébastien Fabbro rakstīja: > > 2. bugzilla + tag [science overlay] is a hack prone to human mistake > > that gives unnecessary work to bugs scanners, whereas a unified > > scm+issue system going straight to the dev > > I don't see this as much of a problem. I prefer it as it is now when all > bug reports for certain package are in the same tracker instead of two > separate ones, depending on whether the particular ebuild has been > migrated to the main tree or not.
Just a side remark: I think the idea "Things are in the science overlay just until they get migrated to the main tree" is outdated. As far as I understand it there are things in the science overlay that are just never going to make it to the main tree (binary blobs, precompiled library QA desasters, etc. can still be useful software). Cheers, Thomas
> > > 3. wiki.g.o is up but not unified to a specific project, I have not > > seen a single sci contribution yet > > They even have dedicated section for Projects&Community, just add there > an entry for sci. There is not a single sci contribution only because > nobody has cared to write one. That wiki is good and it is the place I > would expect to find sci project's wiki if I would search for it. > > > Reinis > >
-- Thomas Kahle