From: Panagiotis Christopoulos <pxrist@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] New Release Of GCL (GNU Common Lisp)
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 17:18:30
1 On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 7:28 PM, Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>wrote:
2
3 > Hello,
4 >
5 Hi,
8 > ...
9 >
10 > However, this past week, new final releases of gcl-2.6.8 and gcl-2.6.9
11 > have officilly been made. Does this mean that soon GCL will be unmasked
12 > in the portage tree?
13 >
14 > Also, if anyone happens to know, what is the reason for releasing both
15 > gcl 2.6.8 and 2.6.9 together? Should we just skip 2.6.8 entirely and
16 > use 2.6.9, or is there still some virtue with 2.6.8?
17 >
18 > Frank Peters
21 I could give a try compiling it as you're (and possibly others) interested.
22 I think Mr. Grozin (grozin) had done some work previously, maybe he has
23 already some ebuilds. I will ask him what he thinks. The lisp team is
24 currently understaffed, cannot give you any ETA.
25
26 Panagiotis
27 (pchrist at gentoo dot org)