From: "François Bissey" <f.r.bissey@×××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] sage on gentoo: an experimental overlay take 2
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 09:10:38
1 For some reason it didn't go the first time so here it is again:
2
3 Hi all,
4
5 This is a bit of an announcement. It won't be a mystery to people
6 who hang on irc or watch bug#201321.
7 Christopher Schawn (gnuke) started an overlay to develop a split version
8 of sage for Gentoo and I joined forces with him as the person having
9 done the latest attempt.
10
11 So the overlay lives on github and can be inspected here:
12 http://github.com/cschwan/sage-on-gentoo
13 and you can pull it with:
14 git clone git://github.com/cschwan/sage-on-gentoo.git
15 A package.keyword list is also provided in the overlay.
16 We will probably create a set as well in the near future.
17
18 We plan to make the overlay self sufficient. That is someone
19 should only need this overlay and the standard tree to build portage.
20 I will sync stuff back to science when it is ready but for now we don't
21 want overlay dependency hell.
22
23 Once we reach a rather stable stage we may look at making the science
24 overlay a dependency for this overlay (provided it can be done - I remember
25 hearing stuff but I don't know if it has been implemented).
26
27 Testers and advice welcome. We currently a partially split sage that seems
28 to more or less on x86 and amd64. But more work is needed on amd64
29 in particular.
30
31 Cheers,
32 Francois (aka kiwi_fb)