From: "François Bissey" <fbissey@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] policy and bug
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 22:56:32
1 Hi all,
2
3 I am taking over bug 19493 as I became interested in cadabra
4 after a post by its author on the sympy mailing list.
5 http://www.aei.mpg.de/~peekas/cadabra/index.html
6 After searching bugzilla I found someone had already filled a
7 bug for it. I am almost ready to commit working ebuilds for it.
8
9 Now for the policy questions:
10 The original submitter put 3 ebuilds in the bug, cadabra itself
11 and its two dependencies LiE and libmodglue.
12 Should I open separate bugs for those?
13
14 Second the ebuild for LiE is "mostly" fine however packaging
15 was obviously not a main concern of the author. The suggested
16 ebuild use the patch from the debian package and the files
17 are put under /usr/lib/lie and a script is put under /usr/bin.
18 A man page is also included as par debian policy. Now
19 is it the right way to do it in Gentoo? Should the script calling
20 the program be in /usr/libexec for example?
21
22 Cheers,
23 Francois