From: "François Bissey" <frp.bissey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] ChangeLog in the overlay
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 20:55:27
1 On 10/11/15 02:38, Justin Lecher (jlec) wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA512
4 >
5 > On 10/10/15 12:42, François Bissey wrote:
6 >> I am annoyed by the tree in that regard. A simple user doesn’t have
7 >> access to the changelog anymore because the git history is not
8 >> shipped as far as I can see.
9 >>
10 >> The overlay would be a bit better because we can still call git log
11 >> on it.
12 >>
13 >> Any tools out there to get changelog without syncing the tree with
14 >> git?
15 >>
16 >> François
19 > Hi,
20 >
21 > the ChangeLogs are recreated for rsync. If you are using rsync as
22 > normal users should do, you will have the ChangeLog in place.
23 > egencache --update-changelogs is used for that.
26 Sorry to take so long, it's been very busy around here.
27 Well it looks like I am not set to do that my Changelog
28 files are frozen from before the change to git.
29
30 Francois