From: JC D <mail2jcdx@×××××.de>
To: "gentoo-science@l.g.o" <gentoo-science@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Question before setting up sage-on-gentoo
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 14:24:09
1 Hi,here are the first results. It did not work so far because I found my gcc-4.7.3 on gentoo_prefix (Mac OS 10.10) is broken. emerge gcc works and installs but if I try to compile a simple hello.cpp I get a segmentation fault 11. I am using the new binutils-apple-6.1. So far it seems that I can not get a newer gcc and thus also no llvm or any other package that asks for a more recent gcc. Right now I get a working basic system but almost all "higher" application fail to build one or the other way.
2
3 Now I try to get llvm/clang working. For the compilation I am going to use the native llvm-gcc and llvm-g++ from Mac.
4 I set up a package.env for llvm with:sys-devel/llvm llvm.conf
5 llvm.conf contains:CC=/usr/bin/llvm-gcc
6 CXX=/usr/bin/llvm-g++
7
8 The compilation works but there is an error when writing the llvm files to the right path. Here are emerge --infoshow at bpaste
9 |   |
11 | show at bpastePortage 2.2.14-prefix (python 3.3.3-final-0, prefix/darwin/macos/10.10/x64, gcc-4.2.1, unavailable, 14.1.0 x86_64)==================================... |
12 | |
13 | Auf bpaste.net anzeigen | Vorschau nach Yahoo |
14 | |
15 |   |
16
17 and the log file https://bpaste.net/show/62a0d5b0d4f4