From: Justin <justin@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] ccp4-6.1.1
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:56:14
1 Hello everybody,
2
3 I would like to finally announce the long outstanding the version bump of ccp6 to the latest release 6.1.1.
4
5 Donnie did alot of work in splitting the big ccp4 package into smaller ones, so that changes and fixes
6 in the single components can be included more easily.
7 You will still install ccp4 with the __sci-chemistry/ccp4-6.1.1__ package, which is now the meta package
8 for following splits
9
10 sci-libs/ccp4-libs the libs
11 sci-chemistry/ccp4i the interface
12 sci-chemistry/{mosflm,imosflm,refmac,molrep,xia2,balbes,...} the splitted programs
13
14 The introduced changes can but hopefully won't lead to breakage of some components. Some testing was
15 done, but there might be some more issues to cope with. Therefor we are looking for some testers. I will
16 unmask the package in the sci overlay today. Everyone who has tasks to run on ccp4 is kindly asked to
17 try it on the new version and report issues. Perhaps you also can report positive testings, so that we
18 can get it soon into the tree.
19
20 Another bump which was done side by side to ccp4 was coot to the latest stable version (0.5.2). This is
21 now also availably in sci overlay.
22
23 Thanks, justin