From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] Re: New category proposal - sci-vis
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 22:13:00
Hi Marcus.

Thanks for picking this up!
I did not realise we did not have kpl, gun/labplot and others under some sci
category yet, so I think this would be nice to do indeed.
Just one suggestion:
all the sci-* categories are in fact full words and not shorthands, so it
would make sense to make this a full word too. Something like
sci-visualization or sci-plot.

Oh, another one. When you submit the proposal to -dev it will be nice to
include an estimate of how many other plotting/graphing packages we have
lined up in bugzilla. Not that it makes it any stronger with the list of 16
already in portage :), but still is nice to have..