From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] New category proposal - sci-vis
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 22:42:41
I'd leave chemistry programs in the chemistry category. Same with
biology, astronomy and mathematics. The new category fits well for
things like graphviz and opendx.

By the way, I don't know if I mentioned this but I took a course in
Advanced R Programming the week before last. I am toying with the idea
of trying to put together an ebuild schema/eclass for R packages,
similar to what Dirk Eddelbuettel has done with Quantian for the Debian
distro. Who's the current R guru amongst the developers? I can share
notes if you're interested.

-- M. Edward (Ed) Borasky -- gentoo-science@g.o mailing list