From: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] New category proposal - sci-vis
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 22:42:41
1 I'd leave chemistry programs in the chemistry category. Same with
2 biology, astronomy and mathematics. The new category fits well for
3 things like graphviz and opendx.
4
5 By the way, I don't know if I mentioned this but I took a course in
6 Advanced R Programming the week before last. I am toying with the idea
7 of trying to put together an ebuild schema/eclass for R packages,
8 similar to what Dirk Eddelbuettel has done with Quantian for the Debian
9 distro. Who's the current R guru amongst the developers? I can share
10 notes if you're interested.
11