From: Panagiotis Christopoulos <pxrist@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Locating ar
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 11:36:30
1 On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 11:32 AM, Thomas Kahle <tomka@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
6 Hi Thomas,
10 > I'm constantly failing at a rewrite of the ebuild for
11 > sci-math/singular to bump it to 4.0.0. (Current version
12 > attached). Singular has its own malloc implementation called
13 > omalloc. The configure script there can't find ar if run from
14 > within portage context. It does find it when run on a normal
15 > shell. I tried tc-export AR to no avail. Any ideas?
18 if you open the original sources (without eautoreconf), and go inside
19 omalloc folder, you'll find the cause in line 120 of configure.ac and/or
20 12977 of configure. It's hardcoded there that the script should fail if
21 $ac_cv_prog_AR is not "ar". Here, portage already passes (even without your
22 tc-exports etc.) the correct environment to singular's build system but
23 "x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ar" is not "ar". You could remove that check at all
24 but I'm not a toolchain expert and don't know why the check is there in
25 first place. On my box ar just links to x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ar so no big
26 deal.
29 Panagiotis (pchrist)