From: Paul Cochrane <paultcochrane@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] xmds-1.6.5 ebuild
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 00:29:34
1 Hi,
2
3 I just put together an ebuild for the xmds package
4 (http://xmds.sourceforge.net) which I submitted as bug#217009. xmds
5 is a code generater for easily solving systems of differential
6 equations. It is often used in the physics community (mainly quantum
7 optics currently), however is useful in other scientific disciplines
8 as well (basically anywhere where one needs to solve differential
9 equations numerically).
10
11 What I'm looking for is some feedback about the ebuild. It seems
12 fairly bare-bones and I'm wondering if there's anything I've missed
13 out which needs doing. Also, in the bug report I've suggested
14 sci-misc as a possible categorisation, however I'm wondering if it
15 should be placed in sci-physics.
16
17 I'm helping out with part of the upstream development and was also
18 wondering if I have to maintain the ebuild or if someone would like to
19 take over maintainership/sponsorship of the package. It would be
20 great to get xmds into Gentoo!
21
22 Many thanks in advance for your help!
23
24 Paul
25 --
26 gentoo-science@l.g.o mailing list