From: Paul Cochrane <paultcochrane@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] xmds-1.6.5 ebuild
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 00:29:34
Hi,

I just put together an ebuild for the xmds package
(http://xmds.sourceforge.net) which I submitted as bug#217009.  xmds
is a code generater for easily solving systems of differential
equations.  It is often used in the physics community (mainly quantum
optics currently), however is useful in other scientific disciplines
as well (basically anywhere where one needs to solve differential
equations numerically).

What I'm looking for is some feedback about the ebuild.  It seems
fairly bare-bones and I'm wondering if there's anything I've missed
out which needs doing.  Also, in the bug report I've suggested
sci-misc as a possible categorisation, however I'm wondering if it
should be placed in sci-physics.

I'm helping out with part of the upstream development and was also
wondering if I have to maintain the ebuild or if someone would like to
take over maintainership/sponsorship of the package.  It would be
great to get xmds into Gentoo!

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Paul