From: Kacper Kowalik <xarthisius@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] moving the science overlay to github?
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 09:02:40
1 On 02/07/2012 10:35 PM, My Th wrote:
2 > O , 2012-02-07 13:13 -0800, Sébastien Fabbro rakstīja:
3 >> 2. bugzilla + tag [science overlay] is a hack prone to human mistake
4 >> that gives unnecessary work to bugs scanners, whereas a unified
5 >> scm+issue system going straight to the dev
6 >
7 > I don't see this as much of a problem. I prefer it as it is now when all
8 > bug reports for certain package are in the same tracker instead of two
9 > separate ones, depending on whether the particular ebuild has been
10 > migrated to the main tree or not.
11
12 There are few disadvantages of having overlay bugs on b.g.o:
13 1) bugs get lost in the noise, currently there are ~600
14 maintainer-wanted bugs, some of them may be interesting from our POV
15 2) people that are assigned to bugs are rarely people responsible for
16 given package, in most cases those bugs are just assigned to sci@g.o.
17 There several reasons to that, one e.g. contributor to sci overlay does
18 not have b.g.o account.
19 3) bugs can be changed/resolved only by devs or reporter, unless you
20 have edit privs
21 Having more open tracker, would relieve us from much work while allowing
22 contributors to take more control.
23 Cheers,
24 Kacper
25
26 >> 3. wiki.g.o is up but not unified to a specific project, I have not
27 >> seen a single sci contribution yet
28 >
29 > They even have dedicated section for Projects&Community, just add there
30 > an entry for sci. There is not a single sci contribution only because
31 > nobody has cared to write one. That wiki is good and it is the place I
32 > would expect to find sci project's wiki if I would search for it.
33 >
34 > Reinis