From: Kacper Kowalik <xarthisius@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] moving the science overlay to github?
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 09:02:40
On 02/07/2012 10:35 PM, My Th wrote:
> O , 2012-02-07 13:13 -0800, Sébastien Fabbro rakstīja: >> 2. bugzilla + tag [science overlay] is a hack prone to human mistake >> that gives unnecessary work to bugs scanners, whereas a unified >> scm+issue system going straight to the dev > > I don't see this as much of a problem. I prefer it as it is now when all > bug reports for certain package are in the same tracker instead of two > separate ones, depending on whether the particular ebuild has been > migrated to the main tree or not.
There are few disadvantages of having overlay bugs on b.g.o: 1) bugs get lost in the noise, currently there are ~600 maintainer-wanted bugs, some of them may be interesting from our POV 2) people that are assigned to bugs are rarely people responsible for given package, in most cases those bugs are just assigned to sci@g.o. There several reasons to that, one e.g. contributor to sci overlay does not have b.g.o account. 3) bugs can be changed/resolved only by devs or reporter, unless you have edit privs Having more open tracker, would relieve us from much work while allowing contributors to take more control. Cheers, Kacper