From: grozin@g.o
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] cblas, blas, lapack
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 13:58:47
1 Hello *,
2
3 For a long time I was scared to switch to the 17.0 profile - I was sure
4 that recompiling the world will be a difficult and time-consuming affair
5 with lots of errors. Finally, I decided to switch my office ~x86 desktop
6 (a rather old and weak desktop with a single-core pentium E5300). I was
7 right - now most of useful stuff does not work. I am even more afraid to
8 do it with my main computer - a ~amd64 laptop with a 4-core intel i7. I
9 really need it to work normally.
10
11 OK, now a question. I'm trying to restore normal working of cblas, blas,
12 lapack and all programs based on them. I use the science overlay. I've
13 removed (by force, with -C) cblas-reference, blas-reference,
14 lapack-reference and the corresponding virtuals. I try to follow
15
16 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User_talk:Houseofsuns
17
18 I've installed app-admin/eselect::science. Emerging
19 sci-libs/blas-reference::science fails with sandbox violation on trying to
20 mkdir /etc/env.d/alternatives/blas. If I create it by hand and try again,
21 then sandbox violation on mkdir /etc/env.d/alternatives/blas/reference. If
22 I remove sandbox from FEATURES in my /etc/portage/make.conf, nothing
23 changes - still sandbox violations.
24
25 How can I emerge blas-reference::science?
26
27 Andrey