From: Olivier Fisette <ribosome@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] elektronic lab book
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 04:10:14
1 On Saturday, 16 September 2006 10:38, Norman Warthmann wrote:
2 > I am having my eyes open for an electronic way of keeping a lab book
3 > for my experiments for quite some time now, however to my surprise,
4 > it seems there is none open source. I am wondering how people in the
5 > science herd are organizing their day by day experiments.
6
7 Hi Norman,
8
9 There are open source ELN and LIMS such as OpenSourceELN
10 (www.opensourceeln.org) and HalX (Prilusky et al. 2005,
11 halx.genomics.eu.org), but I personally prefer to use text files,
12 directories, vim and a few shell scripts to keep track of my day-to-day work.
13 I never felt the need for anything more complex. ;)
14
15 Cheers,
18 Olivier Fisette (ribosome)
19 Gentoo Linux Developer
20 Scientific applications, Developer relations