From: Justin Bronder <jsbronder@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] Supporting multiple MPI stacks with empi
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 13:30:02
1 Basically, is anyone still using it over a self-built system using modules or
2 some similar project? There's some interest in the main Gentoo tree to port to
3 multilib.eclass which I think may be ignoring use cases important to HPC site
4 administrators. In particular, the ability to use emerge and empi to manage
5 multiple mpi/lapack/blas stacks. However, I have no proof aside from positive
6 feedback from back when empi was in development.
7
8 I definitely don't want to stand in the way of other motivated developers if
9 everyone using Gentoo for HPC is no longer using empi and instead using systems
10 outside of Gentoo.
11
12 So, you have a few weeks to speak up. If I don't hear anything back, I'll drop
13 empi and mpi.eclass from the science overlay.
16 Justin Bronder