From: Christopher Schwan <cschwan@××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Sage: Random exit failures on amd64
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 10:35:03
1 Hi Steven,
2
3 On Friday 14 May 2010 19:44:06 Steven Trogdon wrote:
4 > On 05/14/10 - 01:55:21, Christopher Schwan wrote:
5 > > Hi Steven,
6 > >
7 > > maybe I cheered too soon - could you please try to install
8 > > sage-core-4.3.5-r1?
9 > > That is the version which failed for me if I did not do something
10 > > wrong. I
11 > > also noticed that it took longer to trigger SIGABRT with this version.
12 >
13 > OK, the test suite has completed on a second machine using
14 > sage-core-4.3.5-r1 backported to 4.3.5. I get _no_ SIGABRT failures
15 > here. I did notice that the order in which the tests are run depends on
16 > the machine. I'm not sure how the ordering is decided but, perhaps, a
17 > particular order is more inclined to produce SIGABRT failures?
18 >
19 > Steve
20
21 On my amd64 it is still the same situation: I reinstalled sage-4.3.5-r1 and I
22 still get SIGABRT failures. Even worse, downgrading to sage-4.3.5 showed the
23 same failures, so I think the problem (additionally ?) lies somewhere in
24 Sage's dependencies ...
25
26 I am preparing a script which outputs a list of Sage's dependencies and their
27 versions so we can compare it.
28
29 Christopher