From: Alexandre Racine <Alexandre.Racine@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-science] liblapack.so.3 not found
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 16:12:11
1 I just changed the FF to FF=gfortran in the Makefile.gcc4 and now eigensoft works. Thanks!
5 Alexandre Racine
6 514-461-1300 poste 3304
7 alexandre.racine@×××××.org
11 -----Original Message-----
12 From: Honza Machácek [mailto:Hloupy.Honza@×××××××.cz]
13 Sent: Fri 2008-01-25 16:26
14 To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
15 Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] liblapack.so.3 not found
16
17 Alexandre Racine wrote:
18
19 > I think I have found something. Doing exactly what I did on a 32bit
20 > machine works. But on my 64bit server, it does exactly the errors
21 > written below. Do you have a 32 or 64 machine? Oh and I don't know if
22 > the link can affect that...
25 First I have tried my 32 bit notebook. The binaries are undoubtedly
26 compiled for 32 bit architecture, so you will have hard time trying to
27 run them on 64 bits. As you can verify by strace, on a 64 bit machine
28 the EIGENSOFT binaries look for the lapack and blas libraries at
29 /usr/lib32 -- and you have to have some version of blas and lapack
30 compiled in 32 bit mode there.
31 Easier than getting all the required 32 bit compatibility libraries
32 is to compile the sources. Luckily I have 64 bit machine too, so I have
33 verified that the compilation works there.
34 Use my Makefile.gcc4. Firs delete all the precompiled 32 bit g77
35 object files:
36 > make -f Makefile.gcc4 clean
37 Then compile and link the sources:
38 > make -f Makefile.gcc4 all
39 I got several warnings but no error, and the resulting binaries seem to
40 work:
41 > ./smartpca
42 no parameters
43 ## smartpca version: 7521