From: "François Bissey" <fbissey@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Git push problems
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 20:35:24
1 On 2013-11-08 09:22, justin wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > after talking to our infra guys and alexxy about it, I came to the
5 > point
6 > that we should still allow commits to both repos for everyone with
7 > commit access.
8 >
9 > To avoid future trouble here are some rules to stick to.
10 >
11 > * Don't _amend_ already pushed commits.
12 > * Don't _rebase_ already pushed commits.
13 > * Don't --force a push.
14 >
15 > In case you still have problems, then follow this receipt from alexxy.
16 > He will write some longer instructions soonish in the wiki.
17 >
18 > $ git fetch --all (assume that you added github as another upstream.
19 > origin is g.o.g.o and github is github)
20 > $ git merge github/master
21 > $ git push origin
22 > that will merge github to g.o.g.o
23 > now we should merge g.o.g.o back to github
24 > $ git checkout -b github github/master
25 > $ git merge origin/master
26 > $ git push github HEAD:master
27 > $ git checkout master
28 >
29 > That should fix our problems.
30 >
31 Thank you Justin for taking the lead on that.
32 A nice recipe to solve the problem is better than pushing and then
33 going "bugger now I will have to wait for someone else to fix it".
34
35 Francois