From: "François Bissey" <frp.bissey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo] sage 8.2.beta7: uninstall first
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2018 02:25:05
1 Hi all,
2
3 sage-8.2.beta7 has been released which means sage-9999
4 has been updated accordingly.
5 Because I made some change on what is installed and how,
6 for the documentation sage needs to be uninstalled first.
7 I replace folders with links which is a no-no according
8 to the PMS. So trying to install sage over a previous
9 install will fail.
10
11 For people using “stable” release of sage, when 8.2 is
12 released the ebuild will hard block previous versions
13 of sage. Which will force manual uninstallation.
14
15 For those who want to know, this is due to the final
16 piece needed to close
17 https://github.com/cschwan/sage-on-gentoo/issues/344
18
19 Cheers,