From: Chris Traylor <ctraylor@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Advice for image and signal processing libraries
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 00:02:02
1 On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 16:49 +0200, Redouane Boumghar wrote:
2
3 > Good day everybody,
4 >
5 > I have to choose between base libraries (which do not depend on other non-standard libraries)
6 > for image and signal processing applications which may include :
7 >
8 > - Wavelet analysis
9 > - Fourier analysis
10 > - image registration algorithms
11 > - correlation algorithms
12 > - feature extraction
13 > ...
14 >
15 > I would like your personal advice for any libraries that you have used
16 > and think may help me in developing such processings.
17 >
18 > Languages I may use are C/C++, Java.
21 Off the top of my head... A lot of people seem to like ITK and VTK.
22 Myself, personally, I don't really care for either, but your milage may
23 vary.
24 FSL might also help you out. (Note: Of the three I just mentioned,
25 Gentoo only has an ebuild for VTK. Even then, you probably want to skip
26 the
27 ebuild for it, and use cmake to build it.) Sometimes, libraries like GSL
28 can be used as a basis for some of the analysis. If you're not adverse
30 slaveryware, you can always turn to IDL. This is all assuming that
31 you're looking for packages that deal with imaging directly.
32
33 Like I said this is just off the top of my head. I hope this helps get
34 you started.
35
36 Chris
39 "Democracy is just a suggestion box for slaves."- Stefan Molyneux