From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] emerge failed
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 18:52:05
1 On 09:23 Wed 19 Dec , Justin wrote:
2 >
3 > Donnie Berkholz schrieb:
4 > > On 19:18 Mon 17 Dec , Justin wrote:
5 > >
6 > > Since that bug shows that a header wasn't found at
7 > > /usr/include/gtkgl/gtkglarea.h, it might be worth checking whether that
8 > > file exists.
9 > >
10 > This file belongs to x11-libs/gtkglarea-1.2.3-r1. So this package must
11 > be emerged for coot.
12
13 That's not quite what I was asking. Does the file physically exist on
14 the filesystem?
15
16 > > I've got some newer ebuilds around for 0.4 prereleases that I could add
17 > > to the tree masked, if that would help.
18
19 I just added 0.4_pre2-r549. Unfortunately I couldn't find a better way
20 to deal with the upstream revision number than using ours for it.
21
22 > I thought for myself writing an ebuild for that, but I didn't found
23 > the sources. But I will be a happy tester if you need. The same, if
24 > you need help maintaining packages, i offer my help. The science thing
25 > should enlarge in gentoo. I wrote a couple of ebuild for my
26 > private-overlay, which work fine for me. Perhaps there is some need
27 > for that. Some packages are Arpwarp, xds, cara, and i'm working on
28 > phaser or rewriting the ccp4 ebuild so that it could emerge phaser as
29 > a dep. The only thing which im not sure about is the legal thing with
30 > those ebuilds. So if you could teach me which license the writing of
31 > ebuild alows and which, I publish them.
32
33 I'd love to see those ebuilds. Could you get access to the science
34 overlay so you could commit them? Regarding Phaser, my basic plan was to
35 get a separate cctbx ebuild, then separate ebuilds for Phaser, Chooch,
36 etc., rather than make the ccp4 ebuild any more disgusting than it
37 already is.
38
39 The ebuilds themselves are perfectly legal since they're just recipes.
40 If the source-code license is restrictive, we can add various types of
41 RESTRICT settings to the ebuilds to prevent redistribution on Gentoo
42 mirrors (RESTRICT=mirror) or to force people to manually download it
43 (RESTRICT=fetch and pkg_nofetch() function).
44
45 Thanks,
46 Donnie
47 --