From: Emiliano Vavassori <syntaxerrormmm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] geoscience sws ebuilds available
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 15:03:21
1 Hi all,
2
3 my name is Emiliano Vavassori, I'm a Gentoo User and I'm going to
4 graduate in Agricultural Sciences in December, at the University of
5 Pisa, Italy. As GIS softwares may be my future job, I think the lack of
6 up-to-date ebuilds for these programs in Gentoo Portage is a very bad
7 accident.
8
9 I mantain some ebuilds, already committed to Gentoo Bugzilla
10 (examples, bugs 56262, 122188, 113355, 143589 and 122186). The
11 main problem is Bugzilla is too slow to allow wider tests on various
12 platforms and inserting the ebuilds in time for the next release: for
13 example, GRASS GIS is now ready for releasing 6.2.0 but in portage
14 there isn't already version 6.1.0 (bug 143589).
15
16 I think science-overlay can be a good start point for developing,
17 testing and (at least try to) releasing in portage these ebuilds; but
18 before this, I would like to know what you think about this and if it's
19 possible doing so.
20
21 Thanks for the attention, looking forward to hear about soon,
25 Emiliano Giovanni Vavassori - http://syntaxerrormmm.altervista.org/
26
27 GuIT --- Home page: http://www.guit.sssup.it/
28
29 Please, no Word or PowerPoint attachments. Do so only if it's
30 extremely necessary.
31 --
32 gentoo-science@g.o mailing list