From: Steven Trogdon <strogdon@×××××.edu>
To: "gentoo-science@l.g.o" <gentoo-science@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo] fortran scripts
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 15:39:43
Hi:

I had apparently installed the Sage-provided scripts

sage-g77_shared
sage_fortran

when Sage was under /opt to get some fortran functionality from within the
notebook. Of course that functionality is missing with Sage under /usr. Both
scripts are needed. See, from the notebook,

	Help -> Fast Static Versions -> Numerical Sage -> f2py

for a cut-N-paste example. This example is included (command line version) in
inline_fortran.py, the InlineFortran class under site-packages/sage/misc. The
sage-g77_shared script calls sage_fortran and sage-g77_shared is hardcoded in
the InlineFortran class. I suppose it is somewhat awkward to have these two
scripts, but thought I would point out that some functionality is missing
without them. Perhaps there is a better way, without messing around with the
InlineFortran class, to achieve the same result.

Steve