From: Steven Trogdon <strogdon@×××××.edu>
To: "gentoo-science@l.g.o" <gentoo-science@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo] fortran scripts
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 15:39:43
1 Hi:
2
3 I had apparently installed the Sage-provided scripts
4
5 sage-g77_shared
6 sage_fortran
7
8 when Sage was under /opt to get some fortran functionality from within the
9 notebook. Of course that functionality is missing with Sage under /usr. Both
10 scripts are needed. See, from the notebook,
11
12 Help -> Fast Static Versions -> Numerical Sage -> f2py
13
14 for a cut-N-paste example. This example is included (command line version) in
15 inline_fortran.py, the InlineFortran class under site-packages/sage/misc. The
16 sage-g77_shared script calls sage_fortran and sage-g77_shared is hardcoded in
17 the InlineFortran class. I suppose it is somewhat awkward to have these two
18 scripts, but thought I would point out that some functionality is missing
19 without them. Perhaps there is a better way, without messing around with the
20 InlineFortran class, to achieve the same result.
21
22 Steve