From: justin <jlec@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Gentoo Science next meeting agenda - 5) fortran
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 07:47:03
1 Hi all,
2
3 my removal of the fortran.eclass has left many packages in a broken
4 state. Many packages and/or their buildsystem depend on
5 (x86_64|i686)-linux-gnu-gfortran being simple named gfortran. For
6 example the cns package uses the Makefile.gfortran, which was formerly
7 Makefile.${FORTRANC}, but now a Makefile.$(tc-getFC) doesn't work. Same
8 for Makefile.ifort vs Makefile.ifc. Similar happasn to many packages and
9 excuse me to have some problems today. Iwill fix that.
10
11 So my proposal is to create a fortran-ng.eclass which gives us simply
12 the a variable similar to FORTRANC representing the old style naming, so
13 that not every ebuild has to implement it again.
14
15 case $(tc-getFC) in
16 *gfortran* )
17 FCOMP="gfortran" ;;