From: Peter Bienstman <pbienst@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] lapack transition
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 15:43:53
On Sunday 21 August 2005 17:31, Darren Dale wrote:

> If you install lapack-atlas and blas-atlas, and link scipy to the blas and > lapack libraries but not the atlas libraries, do you still get the enhanced > performance from atlas? (This isn't a rhetorical question, I'm still > learning.)
Yes, that's the whole idea. The names 'lapack' and 'blas' are just symlinks to whatever library implements them, like the reference libraries, or ATLAS, or perhaps at a later stage MKL.
> On a related topic, I noticed that sci-libs/atlas is still being developed, > isn't it deprecated? This ebuild installs its libraries in /usr/lib, > instead of somewhere unique and providing symlinks in /usr/lib.
In the stable tree sci-libs/atlas is the only atlas package available. lapack-atlas is currently still masked, but the idea is to perform the transition soon and phase out sci-libs/atlas. Peter

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-science] lapack transition Darren Dale <dd55@×××××××.edu>