From: "Justin (jlec)" <jlec@g.o>
To: Gentoo Science List <gentoo-science@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-science] Re: Help wanted
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 06:47:58
1 On 02/07/14 08:46, Justin (jlec) wrote:
2 > Dear users,
3 >
4 > as you all know the science team is short of manpower. And therefore bug
5 > fixing can have a long delay.
6 >
7 > We need your help with fixing bugs!
8 >
9 > The procedure is simple,
10 >
11 > * Figure out how to fix the bug
12 > * Move the package to the science overlay on github [1] and add the fix
13 > * Send a pull-request and tell us to move the fix into the tree
14 > * Add a notice to bugzilla that there is a fix in the overlay
15 > * Keep pushing us if we do not reimport your fix to the tree
16 >
17 > And of course, if you get fun in doing package maintaining we are always
18 > happy to recruit new developers.
21 > Thanks for your help,
22 > Justin
25 > 1)
26 > https://github.com/gentoo-science/sci/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md
29 P.s.
30
31 For the science devs, I added a script to the scripts directory of the
32 overlay to check for duplications with the tree. this helps to reimport
33 fixes.