From: Kacper Kowalik <xarthisius@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Gentoo Science next meeting agenda - 3) sub-herds
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 21:36:31
1 W dniu 05.12.2010 20:57, Sébastien Fabbro pisze:
2 > Kacper Kowalik wrote:
3 >
4 >> As we can see
5 >> * sci-physics \in sci
6 >> * sci-chemistry \in sci (except Donnie)
7 >> * sci-biology \in sci
8 >> * sci-mathematics \in sci (except Rafael)
9 > Splitting herds is not only be about email receiving which can be
10 > easily turned on by adding an email to the alias or turned off with
11 > procmail rules.
12 > I was thinking also about web page, profiles, and may be as Rafael
13 > showed it would create a sense of more accessible community. I can see
14 > how people might discard the possibility of devship by seeing a few
15 > hundreds packages and bugs in one giant herd.
16 I wasn't showing the emails, just people who look after those packages.
17 The number of herds is the same order of magnitude as number of actual
18 developers.
19 If you add to this our rule that everybody may touch anyone else
20 packages that makes the herd division rather artificial...
21
22 Nevertheless, that doesn't bother me in any way. I just took the wrong
23 impression that we were heading towards simplification.
24 Cheers,
25 Kacper