From: "Marcus D. Hanwell" <cryos@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] website python error
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:24:53
1 On Wednesday 13 September 2006 15:07, Andrey G. Grozin wrote:
2 > On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, Nuno Sucena Almeida wrote:
3 > > while visiting the gentoo science overlay website I get python errors,
4 > > which disapear when I reload the page, but keeps popping up randomly...
5 >
6 > Yes, this is exactly what I have reported some time ago. No progress yet
7 >
8 > :-(
9 >
10 > By the way, why there is no link to gentooscience.org from
11 > overlays.gentoo.org? It seems that there is still no regular way to find
12 > gentooscience.org; only those fortunate few who already know about its
13 > existence can use it :-(
14
15 I never received an email about the issue, but when I saw the post you made to
16 this list I investigated and fixed the issue. I cannot reproduce this issue
17 now at all. It is an amd64 Gentoo hardened web server - I will see about
18 rebuilding apache, mod_python, trac etc.
19
20 Not sure about the links from the overlays.g.o, gentooscience.org was created
21 before the overlays think had even been discussed as a solution to a problem.
22 It is advertised here, and on the IRC channel but it would be good to get it
23 more widely advertised.
24
25 If trac has issues this does not actually effect subversion or overlay
26 checkout/updates/use. I am not sure how effective trac really is on an
27 ongoing basis.
28
29 I do read these lists when I get the time, but I hate to have to tell you guys
30 I am swamped in real life writing up my thesis, writing papers and looking
31 for a job to pay the bills... My time is severely limited right now and that
32 will probably remain so until Xmas, may be November...