From: "Andrey G. Grozin" <A.G.Grozin@×××××××.su>
To: "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@×××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] extrema-4.2.9 (fwd)
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 09:50:46
1 On Sat, 13 Oct 2007, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
2 > Andrey G. Grozin wrote:
3 >> I've just committed extrema-4.2.9 to the science overlay. I think it would
4 >> be a good idea to move extrema to the mainline portage tree. What do you
5 >> think?
6 > Sure ... but what does it do??
7 Data analyses and visualization. Visualization - mainly 2d, flexible and
8 high-quality. Also, calculations with matrices, etc. Knows a lot of
9 special functions (due to gsl).
10
11 I tried (a little) 3 latest versions. They compile and (seem to) work OK
12 on my x86 box. Somebody tried it on amd64, also seems OK. The ebuild is
13 very simple, does not need patches etc. - just compiles and works (I think
14 this is very good - any complications in an ebuild are the future headache
15 when a new version will appear).
16
17 Andrey
18 --