From: Alexey Shvetsov <alexxy@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] sys-cluster infiniband , mpi related soft. update request
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 20:11:10
1 Janusz Mordarski wrote:
2 > Hello, i've seen that Infiniband drivers and other related stuff, like
3 > MVAPICH2 and openib etc. are a bit outdated. Recently i started
4 > administering a HPC cluster for molecular dynamics simulations (for ex.
5 > gromacs) from HP and found, that it works best on gentoo ;) . But i need
6 > most recent, fastest infiniband and mpi software for my work.
7 > gentoo-science overlay, if it comes to infiniband, doesn't work at all,
8 > i had to change some ebuilds to make them compile and work, but still,
9 > have some problems with MVAPICH2.
10 >
11 > Please sys-cluster developers, if it isn't too much work, update ebuilds
12 > to open fabrics OFED 1.4 , MVAPICH 1.2 etc. (all dependencies). Or
13 > please, give me some instructions how to publish my modified ebuilds
14 > that, at least works (on contrast to openib-1.1.ebuild from overlay ;) )
15 >
16 > best regards, Janusz
17
18 Hi
19
20 I'm going update openib for gentoo to 1.4. And also i use gentoo cluster with
21 IB for molecular dynamics with gromacs. =)
22 BTW seems openmpi wiorks wit IB too so i gonna update it 1.3
25 Alexey 'Alexxy' Shvetsov
26 Gentoo Team Ru