From: Justin Bronder <jsbronder@g.o>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] Re: Gentoo Science next meeting agenda - 4) science profiles
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 17:26:17
On 05/12/10 13:49 +0100, Kacper Kowalik wrote:
> I would like to involve cluster team here. We could *really* use > seperate profiles for HPC at least, like hpc/server , hpc/node. > Also, since it was already mentioned on #gentoo-dev, we could have > "sci" profile with USE="fortran" and remove it from base. > To my great amazement it seems that not everybody use Fortran on a > daily basis :P > Cheers, > Kacper > >
I'm not sure why hpc would need specific profiles. Personally I just use default/linux/${ARCH}/${VERSION} and build from there. The only additions for a node that might be profile worthy are virtual/mpi and maybe sys-cluster/torque. The same goes for hpc/server although some extra USE flags could be enabled. -- Justin Bronder