From: "François Bissey" <frp.bissey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] [sage-on-gentoo] sage-6.6 is out
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 10:25:15
1 Hi all,
2
3 after a protracted release cycle (especially towards the end)
4 sage 6.6 is finally out.
5
6 I have committed ebuild in the overlay and we are ready to
7 deal with issue that escaped during the development phase.
8
9 For most release from now on there will be an initial
10 release of sage-doc-bin with documentation I personally
11 built. This will be replaced once upstream issue their
12 own tarballs.
13
14 There is a big milestone in term of sage-doc. We now
15 have some LINGUAS support for sage-doc and
16 sage-doc-bin. The only restriction is that if you want html
17 doc (as required by the sage notebook) LINGUAS=en
18 is mandatory. This was also committed for 6.5 earlier this
19 week.
20
21 “en” is the only complete set of documentation amongst
22 all the languages provided by sage. It is also the default
23 when loading help from the notebook. Making that bit
24 LINGUAS aware is not trivial at all.
25
26 We are continuing on improving the sage-doc ebuild
27 and trying to reduce its size. I have a very significant
28 slimming feature in the live ebuild that is undergoing tests.
29 I hope it will prove effective and we’ll be able to deploy
30 it soon.
31
32 The upgrade from 6.5 or earlier will pull a new version
33 of pari and this in turn should trigger some rebuild.
34 Be warned that it is expected.
35
36 Francois