From: "François Bissey" <f.r.bissey@×××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Cc: f.r.bissey@×××××××××.nz
Subject: [gentoo-science] ecls/maxima summarry
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 00:03:59
1 I am at work and cannot directly answer the thread from here.
2
3 There are several issue.
4 1) ecl-config includes LDFLAGS it shouldn't in my opinion. I am not positive
5 that removing "-Wl,-O1..." from ecl-config will solve the problem. It will get
6 rid of the duplication of these flags but I am not 100% sure that the failure
7 comes from the flags added by ecl-config.
8
9 2)the ecls ebuild shouldn't ship the following (unrelated):
10 /usr/lib/Copyright
11 /usr/lib/LGPL
12
13 3) There are configuration problems with ecls with some LDFLAGS from
14 what Steve says. It may need some filtering at least on some hardware.
15
16 4) On my x86 box, ecls picks neither CFLAGS or LDFLAGS while my ~x86 box at
17 work, Steve's and J-F's boxes do. Stab in the dark: what's your version of
18 autoconf, Steve?
19
20 Just in. I have just recompiled ecls and then maxima on my ~x86 box with
21 no problem whatsoever even so there is flag duplication in maxima:
22 "-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed" -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed -lecl -lgmp -lgc -ldl
23 -lm
24
25 I haven't synced that box in the last two weeks - I fear we may have a subtle
26 eclass breakage. Also this was with 20.1-r2 from the tree, not -r3 from the
27 science overlay so the autotools eclass wasn't involved. Can you try -r2
28 Steve?
29
30 Francois