From: "Andrey G. Grozin" <A.G.Grozin@×××××××.su>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-science] sympy-0.6.2
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:39:39
1 Hello *,
2
3 I've just committed sympy-0.6.2.ebuild to the science overlay. It differs
4 from the ebuild in sunrise: it builds and installs docs with USE=doc. I
5 intended it to use external mpmath and pyglet, but so far I haven't done
6 this - now (patched) versions of these packages are built with sympy.
7 Using system mpmath and pyglet is, of course, desirable, but requrires
8 patching many files - changing
9
10 import sympy.mpmath as mpmath
14 import mpmath
15
16 etc. I'll try to do this later and see if the result will be usable. There
17 is also a problem with the external pyglet - currently, it depends on the
18 binary package avbin-bin available only on x86 and amd64 (instructions for
19 compiling avbin from sources are complicated and require checking out some
20 specific cvs snapshot of ffmpeg; of course, it is possible to make a
21 tarball of this snapshot and mirror it at Gentoo). Also, many things in
22 pyglet don't work, at least for me. So, it is not a good idea to commit
23 pyglet to the main tree now.
24
25 Please try sympy. It is a very interesting package.
26
27 Andrey