From: Johan Hattne <jhattne@×××.gov>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] new blas infrastructure and prefix
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 21:34:05
1 On 30 Aug 2011, at 12:49, fbissey@××××××××××××.nz wrote:
2
3 > Hi all,
4 >
5 > So I was looking at the science overlay from my prefix on OS X.
6 > And portage wanted me to upgrade my blas/cblas/lapack stack to the
7 > new structure. I know they are marked ~x86 and ~amd64 but it doesn't
8 > look good considering that I had a working stack in my prefix before.
9 >
10 > So I may make things a little more prefix friendly (OS X in particular)
11 > in the coming days. I am also thinking of adding an ebuild to use the
12 > native vectorize framework on OS X, unless someone strongly objects to it.
13
14 Hi Francois;
15
16 With the CBLAS reference implementations, you may run into a problem with the test suite on Darwin. I tried to sort this out earlier this year (see http://icl.cs.utk.edu/lapack-forum/archives/lapack/msg00997.html), but I'm not even sure upstream recognises the problem. Please let me know if at least you can reproduce the issue, and then maybe we can try again to get it fixed.
17
18 // Best wishes; Johan