From: Redouane Boumghar <redouane.boumghar@×××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-science@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-science] Advice for image and signal processing libraries
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 17:17:44
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 Thanks you all for your pieces of advice.
4 I tried to compile everything and I'll that here as it may sum up your replies.
5 Among all your suggestions few retained my attention for my application :
6 - GSL The Gnu Scientific Library (GPL)
7 Up to date and providing all the signal processings I may need (Fourier and Wavelet transforms).
8 - VIGRA (and not vi-a-gra as I read the first time haha) Vision with Generic Algorithms
9 providing Fourier Transform but no Wavelet analysis. MIT Licence GPL compatible.
10
11 Other interesting things, knowing that I am more interested in processing than visualizing :
12 - iipp : Intel(R) Integrated performance primitives with fourier and wavelet transform
13 The licence matters for me, as I'd be glad to contribute to a free-software project.
14 - FreeMat : Yet another Matlab Clone (octave, Scilab), to keep the rights of choice :)
15 - VSIPL++ : it's missing wavelet transforms
16 - itpp : FFT and Fast ICA are interesting in this one no wavelet transformation available.
19 Others off-topic for my application or slaveryware (as Chris said hehe) :
20 IDL,
21 FSL (Brain images oriented),
22 ITK (maybe too poor signal processing),
23 VTK (visualization oriented, nonetheless with FFT),
24 Paraview and OpenDX (visu oriented),
25 JMicroVision (I need a library not a software even if the source are available I have to be fast in programming, thanks for the hint anyway),
26 R Library (no info about it... I was too bad with internet searches)
27
28 Thanks you all for your hints.
29
30 I guess I am gonna give a try to the GSL and to some matlab like scripts and certainly to ImageJ
31 with many java plugins available on the net.
32
33 Have a nice day, night,
37 Redouane BOUMGHAR
38 Physics, Remote Sensing and Digital Imagery Engineer
41 Redouane Boumghar wrote:
42 > Good day everybody,
43 >
44 > I have to choose between base libraries (which do not depend on other non-standard libraries)
45 > for image and signal processing applications which may include :
46 >
47 > - Wavelet analysis
48 > - Fourier analysis
49 > - image registration algorithms
50 > - correlation algorithms
51 > - feature extraction
52 > ...
53 >
54 > I would like your personal advice for any libraries that you have used
55 > and think may help me in developing such processings.
56 >
57 > Languages I may use are C/C++, Java.
58 >
59 > Thank you :)
62 gentoo-science@g.o mailing list